Impact of mRNA Vaccines | Global Success Lessons
Thursday, May 20, 2021
The COVID vaccine race has propelled mRNA to the forefront of biomedicine. Long considered as a compelling modality for therapeutic gene transfer, the technology may have found its most impactful application as a vaccine platform. Given the transformative industrialization, the massive human experience, and the fast development that has taken place in this industry, where is the horizon? Does the success of the vaccine application, benefit or limit its use as a therapeutic for CGT?
- How will the COVID success impact the rest of the industry both in therapeutic and prophylactic vaccines and broader mRNA lessons?
- How will the COVID success impact the rest of the industry both on therapeutic and prophylactic vaccines and broader mRNA lessons?
- Beyond from speed of development, what aspects make mRNA so well suited as a vaccine platform?
- Will cost-of-goods be reduced as the industry matures?
- How does mRNA technology seek to compete with AAV and other gene therapy approaches?
Q&A09:00 AM – 09:15 AM